Careers at GCDS
We welcome your interest in joining us at GCDS and making a difference in the lives of the children here! GCDS faculty and staff share the school's longstanding commitment to excellence, and we believe exceptional faculty and staff are essential to upholding the school's mission of helping "all students in our care to discover and to develop what is finest in themselves."
There is a special family feeling at GCDS that is unique. You will find a culture of collaboration among colleagues and a deep connection with students that brings our alums back to campus year after year. This sense of community is strengthened by the fact that more than 60% of GCDS teachers live in campus housing.
We encourage you to explore the job openings and to contact our Office of Outreach and Recruitment with any questions.
GCDS seeks a Part-Time Spanish Teacher - Grade 2 for the 2017-18 academic year with the possibility of a permanent position and additional grade responsibility.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Instructional responsibility for teaching FLES Spanish, Grade 2
- Teaching of four sections that meet 3x per week for 30-minutes
- Coaching interscholastic sports for students in Grades 6-9
- 4-day/week schedule
- Fluency in Spanish
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Spanish
- Minimum of 1-year of classroom teaching experience
- Demonstrated success teaching children of this age group
- Travel to Hispanic countries a plus
- Experience with SmartBoard technology and familiarity with online resources for teaching of Spanish
- Ability to develop trusting, supportive relationships with students
- Dedication to and belief in the philosophy and values of GCDS
- Creativity, flexibility, and patience
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Must have an inexhaustible source of energy and sense of humor
With an institutional commitment to the principles of diversity, GCDS does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnic background, sexual orientation, age, physical challenge, gender, or other characteristic.
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to:
Assistant Director, Recruitment and Outreach
The Greenwich Country Day School
Co-Teacher Program 2017-18 Academic Year
Gain Invaluable Teaching Experience at Its Best
The GCDS co-teacher program employs 25 college graduates in a one- or two-year placement, facilitating entry into the elementary and early childhood teaching profession. The program offers opportunities to explore all aspects of an elementary classroom, while teaching under the mentorship of a lead teacher.
In addition to placement in a nursery through grade 3 classroom, co-teachers gain broad professional experience working with multiple age groups as responsibilities include coaching athletic teams in grades 6–9 or teaching in the after-school enrichment program for grades 1–3.
Classroom experience is supplemented with a professional development program featuring noted guest speakers and a seminar series.
Greenwich, CT, is within easy commuting distance to numerous graduate programs and New York City.
Co-Teacher Program includes:
- Housing on campus or nearby
- $26,000 annual stipend
- Full medical and dental benefits
- Tuition assistance for graduate school
As of April 18, 2017, all anticipated openings for the 2017-18 co-teacher program have been filled. Interested candidates are still welcome to submit a resume and cover letter, which will be considered if additional positions become available.
Send a resume and cover letter to:
Laura Brantley, Assistant Director, Outreach and Recruitment
The Greenwich Country Day School
P.O. Box 623 Greenwich, CT 06836