At GCDS, the playing fields are an extension of the classroom. In addition to instilling a life-long love of healthy exercise, the physical education and athletics program teaches essential lessons about teamwork, perseverance, sportsmanship, inspiring others, how to win and lose, and how to set and surpass goals.
P.E. and Athletics Highlights
- P.E. begins in nursery.
- P.E. expands to four days a week in grade 1.
- The winter skating program begins in grade 1.
- Team sports are introduced in grade 3.
- Interscholastic sports begin in grade 6.
- In grade 6, team sports are focused on 2-3 choices each season to emphasize working together and bringing out the best in others.
- In grades 7-9, there are 16 sports options.
The Power of Participation
At GCDS, the athletics program is designed so that everyone can experience the joy of being part of a team and finding a sport they love. An emphasis on participation and giving your best makes students feel welcome and part of the team no matter what their experience and skill level is.
At the same time, our coaches and teams challenge serious young athletes to be better each day, preparing them to excel in high school and college sports.
Beginning in grade 7, students can choose between 17 sports offering.
Join us on campus and see first-hand how our teachers inspire joyful learning and help students build the skills for success!