Be curious. Explore your passions this summer with GCDS!
Do you want to investigate the speed of sound?
Design your own structures with cutting-edge software?
Explore the power of storytelling?
Tackle the science and skills it takes to be a farmer?
Our teachers have designed opportunities for you to explore these questions—and more! Summer Exploration Lab is designed to deepen and extend academic skills and knowledge, while providing opportunities to engage in a “deep dive” into questions and problem-solving by way of a captivating project.
All labs are two weeks in length and are open to students in grades 6 - 12 from any school. When looking at the offerings below, please be sure to note the format of the lab: some labs are in-person, some are online, and some are hybrid (both in-person and online).
Session 1 Labs: June 21 - July 2
Session 2 Labs: July 12 - July 23
- Where will Summer Exploration Lab take place?
- What materials are required to participate in Summer Exploration Lab?
- Will there be expectations for additional work/time beyond the scheduled meeting times?
- If the lab I registered for is cancelled, will I have the opportunity to register for another one?
- Is there a cancellation policy?
- Can I register for multiple labs?
Please note that minimum enrollment for a lab is four students. Labs with fewer than four students enrolled will be cancelled at no cost.
Safety & Health Protocols
The health and safety of our students and teachers is our top priority. As such, GCDS is committed to operating Summer Exploration Lab in compliance with the prevailing guidance for summer youth programs established by applicable authorities. Our operations may be modified to reflect the public health environment at the time of the program, which may include, but are not limited to:
- wearing masks in some or all settings
- cohorting students into small groups
- adjusting programs for weather
- eliminating or curtailing certain activities
Applicable practices will be communicated to all enrolled families prior to Exploration Lab opening and are subject to change.
Contact GCDS Summer Exploration Lab Co-Directors Matt Dandola and Laura Brantley at email@example.com
Learn, discover, create!