Frequently Asked Questions
- How are camp groups assigned?
- Can I request my camper be placed with friends?
- Will my camper interact with other camp groups throughout the day?
- If I sign up for multiple camp weeks, will my camper stay in the same group?
- What should my camper bring to camp?
- How is lunch served?
- Will my camper receive a snack?
- For Upper Camp, will the campers still have afternoon activity choice?
- Will the Upper Campers participate in field trips?
- Will there be themes or any special camp events?
- If my camper turns 5 during the summer, and therefore is not fully vaccinated against Covid-19, can they attend camp?
- Will there be a daily Camp Wellness Check required?
- Is there an early drop off option?
- What is your refund policy?
Safety & Health Protocols
GCDS is committed to operating summer camp in compliance with the prevailing guidance for camp programs established by applicable authorities. GCDS Summer Camp will require COVID-19 vaccination for all age-eligible campers, subject to specific medical exemptions. Camp operations may be modified to reflect the public health environment at the time of the camp program, which may include, but are not limited to:
- wearing masks in some or all settings
- cohorting campers into small groups
- adjusting programs for weather
- eliminating or curtailing certain activities
- modifying lunch service
Applicable practices will be communicated to all enrolled families prior to camp opening and are subject to change.