Lower Camp Program
Lower Camp - For Ages 4 - 5
June 22 - July 31 (No camp July 3)
9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Monday - Friday
Nut free, nutritious lunch provided daily to all campers in Lower Camp and Upper Camp.
- BOOKS FOR COOKS! Storybook classics take the lead in teaching campers about healthy foods, the ingredients used to make them, and the joy of preparing meals to share with others!
- IMAGINATION STATION: Bounce, build, stretch your thinking, and imagine all you can do in our state-of-the-art imagination room and creativity lab. Campers will develop a sense of teamwork, ingenuity, and more through play-based exploration and group challenges.
Back by popular demand!
- SPORTS & SWIM LESSONS with Sportsplex instructors!
- SCIENCE: Fun and exciting scientific inquiry and exploration of the natural world.
- YOGA: Through mindful exploration of yoga postures and breathing techniques, campers will enjoy a relaxing pause in their busy camp day and build healthy habits they can use in their daily lives!
Campers will have a chance to play, meet new friends, and discover new talents and interests right here on the spectacular GCDS campus. Daily activities are centered around our weekly themes that are led by our dedicated and caring staff. Campers experience a variety of creative and developmentally appropriate activities including: art, music, STEAM, yoga, and a variety of sports. Swim lessons are tailored to each camper’s ability and led by expert swim instructors from Sportsplex of Stamford. Campers enjoy a nutritious lunch and an opportunity to explore our classrooms and playgrounds each day.
Age 3 - 7
We have teamed up with Sportsplex of Stamford to provide our youngest campers with swim instruction that meets their needs. We believe young children need to feel safe in the water and have fun learning to swim. Lessons are small group (4:1 ratio) and all campers are evaluated to determine their swim readiness. During swim lessons (two 30-minute lessons per week), campers are grouped by ability and invited into the pool for 1-1 attention as they develop the skills needed to swim. This individualized instruction, with instructors who learn each camper’s name and ability, has proven to provide effective and fun swim experiences for our campers. For more information about the Sportsplex swim program contact Lyly Fernandez at email@example.com. *6-7 year olds will also receive two additional swim lessons per week from our WSI-certified waterfront director to further promote early swimming skills and confidence.
Water Safety and Primary Skills: This class will help children to feel comfortable in the water. Skills to be introduced: water adjustment, buoyancy, unassisted floating, entering/exiting the water, front/back kicking, and using arms for short distances.
Stroke Readiness: This class will teach basic freestyle (breaking to the side), backstroke, water treading, full submersion, and to retrieve objects under the water.
Stroke Development: This class is designed to perfect the freestyle and backstroke. The breaststroke is introduced and practiced extensively.
For more information visit:
Our dedicated staff of early educators lead groups through daily activities including:
- Imagination Station
- Art Exploration
- Swim Lessons
- Free Swim
- Free Play (in the classrooms)
Each week is topped off with a theme-related dress-up day or show-and-tell for all to enjoy!
- Week 1: Let's Plant a Garden! Exploring the wonders of the garden from the ground up!
- Week 2: Colors, Colors Everywhere! Discovering and celebrating colors in our world! Join us for our annual patriotic parade and ice cream social on 7/2! * No camp 7/3
- Week 3: Doctor, Doctor, Come Quick! Our Teddy Bear Clinic will inspire campers to care for others while learning healthy habits!
- Week 4: Up Above and Down Below! We will have some chilly fun exploring the Arctic Region and South Pole, as we learn about the animals that call those places home!
- Week 5: Olympics! Bringing the excitement of Tokyo 2020 right here to camp! Campers and staff with team up and compete in sports-related events throughout the week!
- Week 6: Splish, Splash, Under the Sea Bash! Grab your snorkel, submarine, or surfboard and come slip sliding away with us at camp! On site-mini waterpark will offer outdoor fun for all!
Sunrise Club for Lower Camp
7:30 – 8:45 a.m.
Campers enjoy supervised play and are escorted to their specific camp groups at 9 a.m. Drop-ins welcome! Breakfast not included.
Lower Camp Afters
Ages 4 – 5
2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
This program provides parents the opportunity for a later pick up. Campers enjoy a supervised swim, snack, and story time. Drop-ins welcome!
Lower Camp Dates - 6 Weeks in Total
June 22 - June 26
June 29 - July 2 (no camp July 3)
July 6 - July 10
July 13 - July 17
July 20 - July 24
July 27 - July 31
Lower Camp Cost
$695 per week
$575 week 2 discount
Sign up for 3 weeks and save $150
Sign up for 4 weeks and save $200
Sign up for 5 weeks and save $250
Sign up for 6 weeks and save $300
Sunrise Club (Optional Add-On)
$75 per week
$20 drop-in per day
Lower Camp Afters (Optional Add-On)
$195 per week
$45 drop-in per day
Join us for a summer of fun!
Parents may request a friend to be placed in the group with their child. Every effort will be made to honor these requests, however, please note that it is not possible to guarantee this placement.
Claudia Foster is the Director of the Summer Camp as well as the Lower Camp and Three’s Camp. A town resident her whole life, Claudia has over 31 years of teaching experience and leadership in the GCDS Lower School. Claudia has also successfully run several GCDS mini-camps and is mom to two GCDS alumni. Claudia brings her love of working with our youngest learners to this camp experience as we celebrate 58 years of GCDS Summer Camp. For more information about the Lower Camp and Three’s Camp, contact Claudia at firstname.lastname@example.org.