CAMPUS INVESTMENT: ATHLETICS
Whether our students are looking to compete at the college level, to challenge their personal best, or to just have fun and be healthy, GCDS's athletics program is focused on building skill, character, and confidence.
We expect our students will compete at an elite level, and our ambition is to offer top-notch facilities.
The plans for Cardinal Road include:
- Multi-sport, NCAA regulation size turf field
- "Hockey Gold" turf field specifically designed for the highest levels of field hockey play, which will include an overlapping softball diamond
- Stadium-style sporting arena with locker rooms, athletic training room, press box, and a team room where athletes and coaches can break down film and prepare for the next competition
- Outdoor gathering space for alumni events and school gatherings
The plans for Stanwich Road include:
- State-of-the-art fitness center for wellness and athletic training
- Locker rooms
- Enhancements to front turf field
- Multi-sport, regulation-sized turf field (completed summer 2019)
This investment will be critical to creating a robust athletics program that fosters student growth and accomplishment and benefits our students at all ages.
RENDERING OF CARDINAL ROAD TURF FIELDS AND STADIUM
RENDERING OF CARDINAL ROAD STADIUM
"Our exceptional coaches are committed to developing the best in each of our student-athletes. GCDS FIRST will ensure that our students at every age have the resources and top-notch facilities needed to grow and pursue their highest potential. The enhanced athletic facilities will continue to strengthen our community as we come together to cheer on our teams and celebrate Tiger Pride."
- TIM HELSTEIN
RENDERING OF ENHANCEMENTS TO STANwiCH ROAD FRONT TURF FIELD, INCLUDING TUNNEL CONNECTING TO NEW LOCKER ROOMS
EXTERIOR OF UPPER SCHOOL PHASE 2, WHICH WILL INCLUDE STATE-OF-THE-ART FITNESS CENTER
"I'm excited for the opportunity to start something new, to compete against other high schools, and to push ourselves. I want to have a dominant team—and a team that's a good group of friends. We want to put in the extra work and get better every day."- ZACH POWELL
GCDS CLASS OF 2023