School Governance and OrganizationThe Greenwich Country Day School is incorporated under the laws of the State of Connecticut as a nonprofit educational institution, a tax-exempt entity under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code. All current parents are voting members of the Corporation. Additional past parents, former trustees, and long-term faculty and staff members are elected to the Corporation annually. At the Annual Meeting held in October, the Corporation elects trustees.
The Board of Trustees is responsible for hiring and evaluating the Headmaster, ensuring the financial stability of the school, and formulating major policies concerning the future direction of the school. The Board’s focus is on the long-term health and stewardship of the school, while the Headmaster is charged with the day-to-day administration of the institution.
The Greenwich Country Day School is accredited by the Connecticut Association of Independent Schools (CAIS).
GCDS submits an accreditation review to the CAIS every ten years, as well as interim reports every five years.
"From a rigorous academic experience, to TIGER PRIDE, to the valuing of diversity, the students, faculty, administration, Board, and parents have embraced every word of the GCDS mission statement and translated its mission tenets into visible practice.” - CAIS Accreditation Review
Board of Trustees 2018-19
- Daniel W. Offit, President
- Carrie Freeman Braddock
- Alisa S. Brockelman
- Wear Culvahouse
- Hiram (Chip) Emery '86
- Leslie Fahrenkopf Foley
- Merrilou Hillenbrand, Parents Association Chair
- Eileen Ohnell Kim '88
- James T. Mabie
- Will Manuel
- Magdalena Zavalia-Miguens
- Kate Minchin
- Caleb I. Moore
- Shahryar Oveissi '95
- Cheryl Packard, Parents Association Co-Chair
- Sharon M. Platter
- John L. Roach
- Jeffrey Robertson
- Adam C. Rohdie, Headmaster, Ex Officio
- Katherine Shaio Sandhu '91
- Vernon Schwartz
- Peter Schweinfurth
- Alysa M. Stafford
- Emily Hoffman Stern '90
- Frederick (Caleb) Watts
- Jonathan B. Weiner
- Adam Rohdie, Headmaster
- Anthony Bowes, Head of Upper School
- Chrissy Colón Bradt, Director, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Rick Columbo, Head of Middle School
- Trudy Davis, Head of Lower School
- Andrew Niblock, Director of Schoolwide Initiatives
- Anne Allen, Assistant Head of Lower School
- Bill Auerswald, Director of Finance and Operations
- Tom Hart, Director of Technology
- Andrea Hawkins, Director of Communications
- Anabel Pérez Wills, Director of Alumni Relations and Development
- Cheryl Plummer, Director of Admissions and Financial Aid
- Andy Ramirez, Director of College Counseling
- Chris Winters, Head of Upper School, Grades 9 - 12
- Johnna Yeskey, Dean of Faculty and Academic Programs
Faculty and Staff
During the 2018-19 school year, 237 faculty and staff members support teaching and learning at GCDS. Working closely with the Headmaster and Division Heads, the faculty continually refine and improve Country Day’s curriculum and pedagogy.
Led by the Parents Association Board, the GCDS Parents Association (PA) organizes the energy and talent of Country Day's parent body to run programs and events that enrich the lives of our teachers and students and promote a sense of community throughout the school. All GCDS parents and guardians are members of the Parents Association.
Alumni Advisory Council
Long after graduation, alumni ties with the school remain strong. The Alumni Advisory Council works with the Alumni Office on decisions pertaining to Country Day's alumni.